Wander around Geelong and ask any two people what physical fitness means to them, and you’re unlikely to get the same answer. For some it will be the ability to run long distances, for others it’s having a chiseled physique, and for others again it’s the capacity to lift heavy stuff repeatedly.
Whilst none of these insights are wrong, they don’t provide a complete picture of what physical fitness means either.
Health and Fitness experts generally settle on a definition of physical fitness as an ability to perform everyday tasks without undue fatigue.
That’s a broad definition to be sure, so let’s break it down.
Physical Fitness – the sum of its parts.
Physical fitness is dependent upon the level and quality of a range of key aspects:
- Cardiovascular fitness – the body’s ability to deliver oxygen and nutrients around the body and remove wastes.
- Muscular fitness – the capacity to engage in any movement based activity requiring strength and endurance
- Flexibility – the body’s ability to move joints and use muscles through their full range of motion.
- Stability and Balance (core strength) – the body’s ability to maintain poise via sustained engagement of muscles in your lower back, pelvis, hips and abdomen.
These four distinct areas have their own dedicated approaches. Over time you could easily begin to focus on one area and neglect the others. Yes you would develop that aspect of physical fitness but would it provide complete fitness?
We at CrossFit Raven would argue not.
CrossFit = complete fitness.
CrossFit combines these four aspects into regimes that grow your physical performance, endurance, and strength. By combining Gymnastics, Weightlifting, Sprinting and Combat disciplines, Crossfit builds your fitness with improved:
- Stamina – The ability to maintain physical exertion for sustained periods.
- Power – The ability to apply increasing levels of force within a distinct action.
- Coordination – Combining several actions into a singular distinct movement.
- Speed – the ability to complete a task within a minimal amount of time.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement to another.
- Accuracy – The ability to control one’s direction and intensity of movement.
Crossfit – fitness with benefits.
We at CrossFit Raven Geelong believe that a comprehensive fitness strategy is best. It not only improves physical performance and appearance, it also has very real mental health benefits influencing your ability to:
- lift your mood.
- achieve mental alertness.
- improve your sleep patterns.
- reduce stress and anxiety.
- find emotional stability
Don’t just get fit……get CrossFit.
So in conclusion, get in touch with CrossFit Raven today and experience why we have your Geelong Gym needs covered.